Yesterday I attended a seminar in my university related to job finding ,it was titled somewhat “Expanding your career through LinkedIn“ , I did learn some good points, I’m summarizing those points here for others.
Mr.Asif Iqbal is a trainer, an entrepreneur, a speaker, and a SEO guru who has been engaged in internet marketing since its infancy in Pakistan. He is currently heading 5iCreations (Pvt.) Ltd and A.I. Training & Consultancy .You can contact him on email@example.com.
Know Your Dream Company.
- Identify and understand your dream company,gather information about it,find its employees and connect with them.
- Ask directly about jobs availability to H.R department because it’s a good source of information regarding job offerings.
- You may find Director or CEO of the company on social media platforms; get to know them, because usually the final interview is usually with the CEO of the company.
Identify Top Personality Of Your Field:
- Do you know who the best in your relevant field is?
- If you don’t, find it out, and try learning from them by making them your source of inspiration.This helps you in places where you lack, so you can improve yourself and brighten your chance of success.
Is Your C.V Ready All The Time?
- You should update your C.V as soon you have something new to add.Don’t forget to redesign it or just improve it.
- How many of you have made your C.V by yourself? , well most of the people don’t make their C.V by themselves they either copy paste it or ask someone else such as “Computer Café Wala” to do it for them.
- Most of the employers find it irritating that career objective is usually copied and most of the time it’s very generic like “to be part of the organization”, in simple words you can ask yourself what is your objective? , No one knows better than you, so take your time and rewrite you career objective.
- Know about yourself;who you are!
- You should know about yourself so that you can understand your weaknesses and strengths.It is also a common question among interviewers; interestingly most of the candidates find this question hard to answer!
- Never underestimate yourself.If you have completed any project, even a small scale one,it deserves a place in your C.V.
- Don’t overestimate by exaggerating your personality or any project you have done.Don’t write any stuff on your C.V which you can’t prove.
Get Recommendations From Your Peers and Colleagues:
- Acknowledge other’s accomplishments and work.It not only reveals others,but also shows your positive attitude towards others.
- It’s also true that if you recommend others, they would most-likely recommend you in return. But you have to be careful and don’t point a characteristic of a person which they don’t possess. This leaves a negative impact on your credibility and presents you as you recommended other person just for the sake of friendship or to get a recommendation in exchange.